Friday, February 17, 2006

bono's prayer breakfast remarks

A friend recently forwarded me Bono's February 2nd prayer breakfast speech. I love the awareness that he is bringing to the plight of the poor. I love his genuine spirit. He has done a tremendous amount of work in raising money and eliminating the debt of the oppressed. I do pray that we better unite to bring both temporal and eternal hope and relief. I don't believe these to be independent - Jesus modeled service to the whole of the person.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read Bono's comments today as well and was so impressed. I especially appreciated the theme of justice - not charity. That makes the entire endeavor not only blessed, but also the responsibility of all of us in places of privilege. Thanks for the post.

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

site hit counter